Monday, August 22, 2005

Being Romanced


37 Days!! I have been married for 37 whole days now. It is not a significant number or anything, it doesn't mark anything greatly important like a month, a year, ten years, but there it is. It is a good number nevertheless, because when I woke up this morning and looked over at my husband I couldn't help but smile and feel content.

It is a good feeling, being married. Or maybe more than that, it is good feeling knowing you feel so close to someone, knowing that they get you and that you can tell them anything. And that with them you feel more like yourself than you ever thought you could with someone. *Sigh*

Sure I am a huge romantic, hopeless some might say. And I'd much rather prefer to paint a romantic picture of things as opposed to sarcastic cynicism and so in my ramblings it will, no doubt, become quickly obvious that I have a flair for making little gestures and small things epic and sentimental where another might have chosen to poke fun, but then that is why this blog is called Romancing The Ordinary. Because I believe that there can be something beautiful and inspiring in even the smallest things, and why not. In a world filled with so much biting sarcasm shouldn't there be some romance and beauty found in the things that make us happy? I love being romanced by life!! It can be something as simple as enjoying a delicious cup of hot chocolate on a cold day!

And so, in the last few weeks I have been finding myself being romanced by a host of life's little treasures: my husband, a beautiful cd I have recenty come across called ... "A Celtic Tale" , the latest Harry Potter book, my rediscovered passion for black and white photography, warmly scented perfumes, cooking gourmet meals, organic supermarkets and getting ready for fall! A fine line up if you ask me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Franny said...

Awww honey, you sound so in love with life! Tell your sweetie that I appreciate him for making you so happy!
"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

8/26/2005 4:10 PM  
Blogger Magdalena said...

Thank you Peter! No no sister to speak of, only child :) As for the riches ... well I do get to drive this snazzy little BMW Z4 ... on loan from his mom :) But I miss my Toyota Matrix from back home, it was the best car I ever had, though I am aware of how you feel about the Matrix, but it really is a great car and I LOVED mine.

8/26/2005 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home