Saturday, January 14, 2006

Blonde Liberation














I was born a blonde. I was a very cute blonde. But then grade three rolled around and shades of brown started making an appearance amidst the lovely shades of blonde. And by fourth grade I was a brunette. I am not bitter about it, in fact, I think that it served me well to be a brunette for those formative school years, it kept me studious. And as a brunette I had my fair share of fun too. Once several years ago I tried going blonde again, but the drugstore variety hair dyes did not do their best to make the transition a successful one. And so my brunette days continued.

But then, I moved to Texas, and my soon to be mother-in-law marched me into a hair salon and demanded "BLONDE!! We want blonde highlights to liven her up a bit." I was not opposed to the idea, but at the same time, how would I look, would it be too much? Well, I threw caution to wind and thought, lay it on me, let's go for it. I loved the results! By the time it was time to touch up the roots again I was even more bold than Dianne had been, "MORE BLONDE" I demanded. A couple of days ago I had a fourth appointment. In the last six months I have managed to nudge my brunette days further and further out the door, but on Thursday I think I all but slammed the door shut.

I have officially reclaimed my blonde self!! And she a fabulous woman! Full of life, happy, laughs a lot, and it would seem with a few less inhibitions! Watch out world!

I have also passionately fallen in love with disgustingly huge, face eating sunglasses, a la Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. The irony here is of course, that when I started wearing glasses back in the third grade, my parent's felt that the bigger the glasses the better you could see, so for years I had HUGE glasses. And as soon as I could I started trying to downsize my frames to almost nothingness. Now here I am quite willingly buying the biggest sunglasses I could find! Ha! I love it!

So having liberated my hair and having found the most awesomely huge sunglasses I could get my hands, I stepped out from behind my usual station behind the camera and let Dianne and Chris turn the tables on me. With Nancy Sinatra's These Boots Are Made For Walkin' blasting from the stereo I had quite the photo session! We had a blast!

So what will I do with all this great blonde liberating energy?!? Who knows! The possibilities are endless! And I feel ready to take on the world .......... so "are you ready boots?"

8 Comments:

Blogger Jiffy-Pop said...

START WALKIN!
**TRUMPETS**

1/15/2006 1:09 AM  
Blogger Franny said...

Wow sweetie, I love those pictures! You have a glow!
When my hair was highlighted with blonde, I loved it too, though perhaps my heart belongs to red DEEP inside. You're inspiring me to make a change to suit the changes in my attitude. I find that when we change on the inside we transfigure on the outside too - not the other way around. For people like us, the soul dictates who we are and how we feel, and the style follows.

So nice to see you moving beyond.

1/15/2006 7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pics, magda! i love the blonde! love the shades too... you look like a movie star. (:

1/15/2006 8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Work that camera Madzia! Who knew the blonde would unlease your inner vixen? My my, what have they done to you down there in Texas? It looks amazing. Looks like you're ready for a convertibile ride down the riveria ;). Don't forget to take me with you:).

1/15/2006 8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lookin' fab, magda!! i love the blonde on you!! and the audrey hepburn-shades, too!

-karen e.

1/15/2006 11:16 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

You look absolutely fabulous, sweetie. The blonde look is definitely you.

1/16/2006 9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Don't touch Magda cause she is RED HOT!!! The blonde is FABULOUS Dahling...simply FABULOUS!

I love the hair and the glasses...and I love that you are happy!

{although if it's all the same with you...I'm gonna stick to the red! ;)}

1/18/2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger Mark Leslie said...

What an awesome photo session, Audrey, er, I mean Magda! The camera loves you. You looked great as a brunette, but are totally fab in your new blonde hair.

Looks like the "fun" that blondes are supposed to have has already started.

1/20/2006 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home